TABLEWARE & COOKWARE (Earthenware)
Designed for modern day living, Portmeirion’s tableware is ‘Oven-to-Tableware’.
It has been designed to perform at temperatures normally used when cooking i.e.
up to 170°C / 340°F / UK Gas Mark 3 provided the dish is not empty.
- Try to heat tableware items gradually
- Don’t take items directly from the freezer and place them into a hot oven.
- Don’t place empty ware into a hot oven.
- Don’t place your tableware onto a direct source of heat such as a hob.
COOKWARE (FIRE & ICE)
Each piece in the Fire & Ice range is designed to be beautiful, practical and
long lasting. This extensive oven to tableware range boasts unrivalled strength
and durability and can be used directly on a range hot plate, electric and
halogen hobs, and even a gas flame, providing it's not empty. The insulating
properties of ceramic also mean that this piece will keep food hotter for longer.
Completely freezer-to-oven safe, freezer-to-microwave safe and dishwasher safe,
Fire & Ice makes the perfect choice for modern living.
The porcelain products from Portmeirion are made from the highest quality materials
and are extremely strong and hard-wearing. The Sophie Conran for Portmeirion pieces are
made with coloured clay, rather than putting the colour in the glaze. This means they
have a rock hard transparent glaze and are much more chip resistant.
From freezer to oven to table
Every piece is so strong they go from fully frozen directly into the roasting temperature
of your oven and then straight on to your table – even the mugs. Maximum conventional
oven temperature 252°C / 486°F / UK Gas Mark 9. All products with an unglazed flat base
can also be used on the electric hob or hotplates (electric, Aga, Rayburn etc) but DO NOT
allow contact with naked flames or use on gas hobs (burners). Also pieces should be at
least half full before they are placed onto a direct heat source.
- The dish must never be empty when heated.
- When using under a grill allow at least 5cms / 2 inches between the top of the dish
and the heat source.
- When cooking is recommended that the dish is at least half full with food.
- Portmeirion ceramicware will remain hotter for longer, keeping food hotter for longer,
so always use oven mitts when handling dishes that have come out of the oven.
- Allow dishes to cool for a short time before placing into water for washing.
- Don’t place items taken straight from a hot oven onto unprotected, wet or cold work surfaces
Cleaning your tableware & Cookware
All Portmeirion ceramic ware is easy to clean either by hand using conventional hand-wash
detergents or by using a dishwasher. When you wash your Portmeirion ware in the dishwasher
there are a number of steps that you should take in order to ensure that your ware is
cleaned properly whilst remaining in pristine condition:
- Follow the manufacturer’s specific instructions for your particular dishwasher.
- Scrape solid food particles from your Portmeirion plates and bowls, before loading into the machine.
- Load the baskets with the dirty articles as follows:
- Do not overload the baskets and make sure that the items do not touch each other.
- Lightly soiled and smaller items should be stacked in the upper basket.
- Cups and mugs should be stacked upside down in the upper basket.
- Heavily soiled items and larger plates, casseroles and other large cookware items
should all be placed in the lower basket.
- Cutlery should be stacked in the cutlery basket. Knives, forks and spoons should
be mixed up and loaded with their handles downwards.
- Ensure that the spray arms can rotate and that nothing will prevent them from rotating.
- Fill the detergent dispenser with Finish dishwasher detergent, according to the dosage
instructions on the pack.
- Select the correct programme for the wash load. (Advice on programme selection can
be found in manufacturer's instruction book).
PLACEMATS & COASTERS
Many Portmeirion designs can now be found on Pimpernel placemats and coasters.
Using the highest quality materials, these placemats will bring art to your table
as well as providing a durable surface to protect from heat, scratches and staining.
All placemats and coasters in the Pimpernel collection are made using an unrivalled
layering system with a cork base, hardwood middle, fantastic design and protective,
Designed for everyday living, placemats and coasters are resistant to normal
household stains and withstand temperatures up to the boiling point of water.
They are not suitable for use as chopping boards.
We recommend that you clean placemats and coasters with a damp sponge and dry
with a soft cloth. DO NOT immerse in water or put in a dishwasher.
Portmeirion’s wooden items are carefully crafted using wood sourced from sustainable
forests so you can enjoy their natural beauty. The wood is treated with a carefully
selected serum which not only protects it but also keeps you and our environment
healthy. Due to the natural properties of all wooden products, we recommend that
wooden items are hand-washed and never left to soak.
All wood items in the Sophie Conran for Portmeirion collection are made of hevea
wood from the timber of the Hevea Brasiliensis tree, which is grown in sustainable
forests. They should be hand-washed and never soaked.